Wednesday, September 8, 2010

And God commanded Noah to build an ark...

We had fun today in Dallas. If you don't believe me, look here:




The blvd. was eventually closed and became a channel on which we could have reenacted Christ's calming of the sea (smaller scale, but with no less drama). Then they closed SMU Blvd due to extreme flooding (the other main road onto campus- essentially, we were trapped.) The laybrinth was underwater (thank goodness I was found before that happened), there were two small lakes under the covered walkways on the God-quad, and my wet jeans almost made me a believer in the first point of Calvinism: "Total depravity of man". I was about ready to pull out Genesis and get my cubit-stick out when things started to calm down.

Fast-forward to 6pm, we're in handbells playing an arrangement (a kind of hard arrangement, might I add) of "The Church's One Foundation" as a small funnel cloud pranced around the UP/HP/Preston Hollow area and threatened to undo our foundation, in a very literal sense. Thankfully, no one bothered to come and tell us, but in the end, all turned out well. The "Methodist Basilica" still stands, shining her (wet) glory over the south side of SMU.


All is well, SMU still exists, my car amazingly didn't perish from over-consumption of H20, and better yet, I didn't have to build one of these:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home