Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Craig's List Saga

Hello to my 3 readers. I am sorry that I have left you alone and abandoned. This term did a number on my brain as well as my free time. But, Christmas is over and I have exactly 4 days of freedom before church hell metaphorically breaks loose. (I don't think you can literally have church hell. Maybe you can. I am inexperienced.) All that to say, I shall try, try, try to write something profound between January and May, but no promises.

The main topic of this post is the ever so profound one of Craig's List. For those unfamiliar with Craigs, it is an online classified ad site where people all over a given metropolis can list goods, services, garage sales, give away stuff, prostitute themselves, sell Bibles, whatever. I have had several great experiences with Criags, but you never know what/who you're going to deal with. Case in point:

My Listing:

Electric Yamaha XXXXXXXXX Keyboard for sale: Dallas, TX $35

This is a well-used keyboard that I have had for about 6+ years. It is in decent shape and comes with both a stand for the keyboard and a music stand as well as an a/c adaptor. It can run off of 4 D batteries as well. The F# 3 key is broken in "piano mode" but works well in all other modes. It has over 100 different voices to choose from and comes with the ability to record. Other features include a metronome, LCD screen, and illustrated staff and keyboard (shows you what you are playing on the screen). This is a great instrument in good working order, I just don't have use for it at the moment and am looking into getting an actual pianoin the future.

A sampling of some of the "golden" emails I have recieved:

Email 1: "All-Region Saxophone imposter?"

Hello, I am interested in your piano. How real is the saxophone?

Me: Hello, are you asking how realistic the saxophone voice is? If so, it is obviously fake, but sounds good enough to pass as a synthesizer.

Never mind. I need something to make a recording for an audition that sounds really like a saxophone.

Email 2: "This is a piano, not a machete!"

Im interested. How sharp r the blades?

Email 3: "Reunion fail"

Hey, is this Rebecca? It's James. We met at TMEA 4 years ago, remember? Sorry if I creeped you out. Call me (xxx)xxx-xxxx.

Hi James, this isn't Rebecca.

I am so sorry. I thought I recognized the trash can in the background. Did you get that from a girl named Rebecca?

Email 4: "Does it come with the drapes?"

I am not interested in the keyboard but I love your curtains. How much?

Hello, they are not for sale. The keyboard is though.


How much do you want for the jewelry chest?

That isn't for sale either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home