Everything's a freaking roach...
Well, this has been an eventful 48 hours, brought to you by the lovely creature known as the American cockroach, which, as I have learned after extensive research, isn't even American. They originated in Africa, but that is beside the point. They are 2-inches of sheer, disgusting, terror-on-legs. Six legs of terror, to be exact, and they make that terrible "clicky-scratchy" noise. Bleck. So in short, I killed 10 roaches between 10:30 on Thursday evening through 10:30 on Friday evening. All originating from somewhere in my water closet. (My bathroom, which is like a closet...)
The working theories as to why this happened:
- They left their sweaters in the tree where they live and when we hit 14 degrees, they couldn't handle it anymore and ran inside.
- The above happened and one of my neighbors took it upon themselves to bug bomb their apartment, sending everybody running over to my place.
- They have had it up to here with my singing and decided to retaliate.
- They have had it up to here with my playing of gospel music and the Gaithers and decided to retaliate.
- They like both my singing and the Gaithers and decided to come over.
- They got fired from helping Giselle in the movie Enchanted and all showed up to apply to be my personal assistants.
Anyway, they're all dead now. MUAHAH!!! 9 on Thursday (killed 7 myself, 1 was dead already, and I washed the last one in the washing machine. Roaches fall apart in the wash, FYI.) and 1 last night. Hey, we're making progress! The apartment complex came and sprayed, I put out those super attractive baits, and decided to imagine that they all talk like the French peas from VeggieTales to make my life more bearable. So far, it seems to be working.
The problem now is that I just about jump out of my skin if something even resembles a roach. Hair clips, paper clips, electrical cords, leaves, my rabbit (just kidding...): they all resemble roaches and therefore must succumb to my will to kill them until I realize that they aren't actually roaches. I am now in the process of washing Raid off of the hair clips. Great.
The working theories as to why this happened:
- They left their sweaters in the tree where they live and when we hit 14 degrees, they couldn't handle it anymore and ran inside.
- The above happened and one of my neighbors took it upon themselves to bug bomb their apartment, sending everybody running over to my place.
- They have had it up to here with my singing and decided to retaliate.
- They have had it up to here with my playing of gospel music and the Gaithers and decided to retaliate.
- They like both my singing and the Gaithers and decided to come over.
- They got fired from helping Giselle in the movie Enchanted and all showed up to apply to be my personal assistants.
Anyway, they're all dead now. MUAHAH!!! 9 on Thursday (killed 7 myself, 1 was dead already, and I washed the last one in the washing machine. Roaches fall apart in the wash, FYI.) and 1 last night. Hey, we're making progress! The apartment complex came and sprayed, I put out those super attractive baits, and decided to imagine that they all talk like the French peas from VeggieTales to make my life more bearable. So far, it seems to be working.
The problem now is that I just about jump out of my skin if something even resembles a roach. Hair clips, paper clips, electrical cords, leaves, my rabbit (just kidding...): they all resemble roaches and therefore must succumb to my will to kill them until I realize that they aren't actually roaches. I am now in the process of washing Raid off of the hair clips. Great.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home