Adventures at Home Depot and other stuff
Today was overall good. These lenten disciplines are getting a little tedious feeling, especially when people are like "well, I messaged you on fb!" Sorry kids... :-( I'll see it Sunday. Maybe.
Church was dead, practically. I ate lunch with the "lunch ladies" of the adult ministry hallway. They are so fun! Taizé for April is finished and ready to go- everyone get excited!!! The service is divided into three parts: the darkness, the waiting, and the light. One of my goals in this service is to demonstrate that God's sovereignty is over everything- time, space, creation, and yes, even the darkness. There will be opportunity for a "liturgical activity," which is always thrilling. So come one, come all!
Now, the entertainment for the day: Home Depot.
I returned some cables I bought for Super Bowl Sunday that didn't work and went with the intent to purchase some spray paint to spruce up 3 lamps and some more stain to finish retouching the bedroom furniture (which is looking awesome, btw!)
Why is it that every man in that store assumes 3 things about women:
1- If you spend any time at all in a stopped position looking at anything for more than 3 seconds, they assume that you have no idea what you are looking for. "Ma'am, that's spray paint" [inside head voice] "No @%*^ Sherlock!" [outside head voice] "Thanks for pointing that out. I am just trying to decide which color I want."
2- If you are walking around, you must have no idea where you are going. "Sweety are you lost?" [inside head voice] "Who are you calling sweety? Do I know you?? Creeper." [outside head voice] "No, I am walking over to the paint section." "That's over there (points)." "Yes, I know. Thank you." "You have a good one sweety." [inside head voice] "Call me that again and this shoe will be jammed up your... nose." [outside voice] "Same to you."
3- If you stop to pick up nails, no doubt an older man will come up to you and give you a 30 minute dissertation on nails. Sir, I just need to replenish my picture-hanging supply. Really. I don't need ones that will hold up 150 pounds. No, I don't do any hunting. Neither does my husband. If I ever kill a deer and need help mounting it, you will be the first person I call. Promise. Don't hold your breath, though.
I thankfully left with my 3 cans of paint and 1 small can of stain, minorly annoyed but still in one piece.
In other news, I decided to open my windows when I came home to clean. Guess what I found? A dead roach welded to my bedroom windowsill! Yay! Not.
Church was dead, practically. I ate lunch with the "lunch ladies" of the adult ministry hallway. They are so fun! Taizé for April is finished and ready to go- everyone get excited!!! The service is divided into three parts: the darkness, the waiting, and the light. One of my goals in this service is to demonstrate that God's sovereignty is over everything- time, space, creation, and yes, even the darkness. There will be opportunity for a "liturgical activity," which is always thrilling. So come one, come all!
Now, the entertainment for the day: Home Depot.
I returned some cables I bought for Super Bowl Sunday that didn't work and went with the intent to purchase some spray paint to spruce up 3 lamps and some more stain to finish retouching the bedroom furniture (which is looking awesome, btw!)
Why is it that every man in that store assumes 3 things about women:
1- If you spend any time at all in a stopped position looking at anything for more than 3 seconds, they assume that you have no idea what you are looking for. "Ma'am, that's spray paint" [inside head voice] "No @%*^ Sherlock!" [outside head voice] "Thanks for pointing that out. I am just trying to decide which color I want."
2- If you are walking around, you must have no idea where you are going. "Sweety are you lost?" [inside head voice] "Who are you calling sweety? Do I know you?? Creeper." [outside head voice] "No, I am walking over to the paint section." "That's over there (points)." "Yes, I know. Thank you." "You have a good one sweety." [inside head voice] "Call me that again and this shoe will be jammed up your... nose." [outside voice] "Same to you."
3- If you stop to pick up nails, no doubt an older man will come up to you and give you a 30 minute dissertation on nails. Sir, I just need to replenish my picture-hanging supply. Really. I don't need ones that will hold up 150 pounds. No, I don't do any hunting. Neither does my husband. If I ever kill a deer and need help mounting it, you will be the first person I call. Promise. Don't hold your breath, though.
I thankfully left with my 3 cans of paint and 1 small can of stain, minorly annoyed but still in one piece.
In other news, I decided to open my windows when I came home to clean. Guess what I found? A dead roach welded to my bedroom windowsill! Yay! Not.
3 Comments:
When is the Taize service? I'd ask you on Facebook...but you know.
I owned a house when I lived in lubbock, meaning lots of work and trips to home depot... I totslly understand. And the lecture about nails, gag. Btw we can help you move! I'm sk glad we e friends, even when I don't see you, you make me laugh.
Celia, it's April 7. Of course, that is the same night as Follies, so out of selfish sadness that I can't be at Follies, I say COME TO TAIZE! :-) Just kidding... kind of. I am feeling some coffee soon...
Sarah, lol! We need to fix the not hanging out thing. Really. And I am so happy you all can join the moving party! :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home