Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shopping.

I will admit, I hate clothes shopping. Granted, this has gotten better since I lost weight last spring, but I still hate it. Nothing looks like it does on the size-minus-12 mannequins once it is on the non-minus-12 me. Plus, in order to get anything of quality, I have learned that it will cost you. And I have no money. Sigh.

However, despite all of this, I have come to the realization that my wardrobe of $20 blue jeans and faded (but cute!) jersey-knit tees are not going to cut it at my place of occupation. Sophistication is needed, of which I have none. Armed with my Northpark Gold, I set out to LOFT on recommendation by Rozanna (who always looks adorable) to find me some sophistication.

I have a question: how hard is it to position mannequins wearing certain pieces of clothing close to the location of those pieces of clothing in the store? I spent like 30 minutes walking around trying to find where those trouser jeans and cute ruffled top were hiding. Of course, I didn't think to look behind the rack of dresses, I just assumed the jeans would be with, oh, THE PANTS. Sorry, I am sounding like a man right now. I am really not this grumpy normally. Hrumph.

The gay guy helping me get a dressing room tried to get me to buy these $120 shoes that had no more than $5 worth of material on them. After what felt like 30 minutes of pestering, I told him "I'm a grad student. I can't afford them. Sorry!" He looked down at my feet, which were sloppily dressed in my black and white converse sneakers. Smirking and muttering something (more than likely an offensive remark about my choice of footwear), he walked away. Ugh.

So, all in all, for $90 of my own money, I came out with 2 very cute pairs of trouser pants, 1 cardigan, and 2 tops. Not bad. I treked over to GAP and had the same frustration; where on earth is the shirt the freaking mannequin is wearing? Oh, with the underwear, yeah, that would be logical. (?)

Some time this week, I am going to try my luck up at the Allen outlets. They have an Ann Taylor, Talbots (for shorties like me), Banana Republic, and a J Crew Outlet. I hope they are better organized...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Roberts said...

You had no idea how excited I was when I saw that you had posted another post! and This just added too it! I love LOFT. Allen outlets is great! I love Nordstroms Rack for funky tops.

March 13, 2011 at 6:53 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Shopping trip?? I would love a buddy!

March 13, 2011 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home