I like stuff old people like.
Really, I have been thinking about this a lot recently. I am maybe the youngest 70 year-old I know. Let's count the ways:
1) I sew. Now, I know that many young people sew (and I am so happy about this!) But, just today, I trekked up to the Quilt Assylum in McKinney on Virgina Pkwy- it's amazing. These three older women who were also browsing the bolts looked at me like "Please, she has no idea what she is doing." When I asked the woman behind the counter where the fat quarters were for a particular fabric line, one of them piped up from behind me and said "Dear, I had no idea you even knew what that was!" She was impressed, I felt insulted.
2) I listen to Southern Gospel like it's going out of style. I am not a fan of all of the people KCBI features, but boy howdy do I love their "Good News Gospel Hour" on Sunday afternoons!
3) I am in love with the macaroni and cheese at Luby's.
4) I say weird things like "boy howdy," "well bless his pointed head," "bless your/his/her heart," "Oh foot!" and my personal fav "I reckin"
5) I once stayed up to a ridiculous hour of the morning to watch a Billy Graham crusade, not because I particularly enjoyed it, but Bill Gaither's lack of hair-movement had me transfixed.
7) I get WAY too excited about church potlucks.
6) And lastly, I went to a Gaither Homecoming concert and enjoyed it. If that doesn't make me old, I don't know what does.
Now, I don't know how many old people have Christian techno on their iPod for when they go running (down the hall of the retirement facility), but that's for another post...
1) I sew. Now, I know that many young people sew (and I am so happy about this!) But, just today, I trekked up to the Quilt Assylum in McKinney on Virgina Pkwy- it's amazing. These three older women who were also browsing the bolts looked at me like "Please, she has no idea what she is doing." When I asked the woman behind the counter where the fat quarters were for a particular fabric line, one of them piped up from behind me and said "Dear, I had no idea you even knew what that was!" She was impressed, I felt insulted.
2) I listen to Southern Gospel like it's going out of style. I am not a fan of all of the people KCBI features, but boy howdy do I love their "Good News Gospel Hour" on Sunday afternoons!
3) I am in love with the macaroni and cheese at Luby's.
4) I say weird things like "boy howdy," "well bless his pointed head," "bless your/his/her heart," "Oh foot!" and my personal fav "I reckin"
5) I once stayed up to a ridiculous hour of the morning to watch a Billy Graham crusade, not because I particularly enjoyed it, but Bill Gaither's lack of hair-movement had me transfixed.
7) I get WAY too excited about church potlucks.
6) And lastly, I went to a Gaither Homecoming concert and enjoyed it. If that doesn't make me old, I don't know what does.
Now, I don't know how many old people have Christian techno on their iPod for when they go running (down the hall of the retirement facility), but that's for another post...
1 Comments:
I. Love. This.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home