Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Joy of Apartment Living

HAPPEH NEW YEA-YAH! (Translation from Kristenish into English: Happy New Year!)

I am on about 3 hours of sleep now, for no real reason. Yep. Didn't have to be at either job today. All I had to do was study and clean house, and check the mail. That was it. I went to bed around midnight, set the alarm, closed my eyes, and BANG! BOOM! CRASH! Yep, the upstairs neighbor is an absolute clutz. He is an older short guy with huge coke bottle glasses. He is always in a sweater vest and never returns my overly cheerful "hellos," probably because they are overly cheerful. I rarely see him before 4pm, and for the past 2 weeks, he has been either holding a 1 person dance party in his bedroom or has taken up bowling with 20 pound frozen turkeys. This continues until 3 or so. I am relieved and try to turn my brain off and get some sleep. Then the sprinklers come on. This really wouldn't be a big deal if the sprinkler head wasn't broken and creating a geyser that is slamming into my window. That ends at 4:30. At 5:00, a couple takes an extremely early morning argument outside and begin fussing at each other in Farsi. Around 6ish, I finally fall asleep, wake up at 9:30 to try to begin studying.

After a totally unproductive day, I am so tempted to continue wallowing in my drunk-like tired state, but then I realize these are 1st world problems. At least I have a place to sleep, albeit a bit noisy, and at least I get to study cool things. And hey, at least we have water! So, I am giving thanks for geysers of water bursting from the ground, a noisy roof over my head, married people arguing and providing vast amounts of entertainment for us single people, and for the gift of knowledge.

And one more thing... we have Tylenol PM to help "fix" these nocturnal problems. :-P

1 Comments:

Blogger Celia said...

I love this. Great perspective!

January 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home